Monday, October 06, 2014

State of the Projects, October 2014

I knew last month that September would be fairly unproductive, but I didn't realise how unproductive. Basically 2 weeks in Japan, a ton of work waiting for me once I got back, and several days unwell, all these put a severe dampener on progress.

Greek Natural Reader

No real progress this month. What I have realised is this is something that needs to be done in blocks, not progressively. I expect to do a little next month, and then a lot more in November and December.

Patristic Readers

I'm now about 3/4 done on the Greek recension of Passio Perpetuae et Felicitatis. If no more sickness interferes, it should be done next month, and then I will make a start on a third text, as well as move towards a print edition of Perpetua together with Polycarp's Martyrdom.

Teaching

Has been very busy, which is the other half of not getting side projects done. I have about 4.5 weeks of teaching to go. It is going well, and I am pleased particularly with how my Greek exegesis students are getting on.

PhD

Zero progress this month. Hopefully will be awarded some scholarship money to help but food for the next 2 years.


No comments: