Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Koine recordings

Today I made a start on some recordings. Think of these three as samples.

There's a re-recording of the first chapter from Rouse's A Greek Boy at home, with a Koine pronunciation. Then there's one of John 1:1-18. Lastly there is a reading from the first chapter of my Greek Natural Method reader.

They're all a little rusty, but it's good practice for me. Hoping that quality and quantity will improve in due course.

edit: sorry for the broken links, they should work now.

7 comments:

Peter said...

Hey Seumas,

I get 404 errors on all the links...

Peter said...

...and I figured out why: You need a capital "A" on Audio in your links

Seumas Macdonald said...

Ah, thanks. i should have double checked them. I'll fix that right now.

Paul Nitz said...

I listened to the Rouse excerpt. I very much like it. Most importantly, you read fluently and with meaning. Your pronunciation is very nicely consistent throughout. I think slowing down a little would be good (more in the sense of pausing between thoughts rather than slowing down phrases). If I wasn't familiar with the text, I wouldn't have been able to keep up mentally. I had a little trouble (only a little) distinguishing between chi and gamma (εγω might have been εχω). I thought the quality of the audio was great.

Seumas Macdonald said...

Thanks for the feedback Paul, it is gratefully received.

Joshua W.D. Smith said...

What natural method reader is that? Is it one you are creating or have created? Or one you own? (Speaking of sender vs. receiver-side ambiguity!)

Seumas Macdonald said...

Joshua, it's one I'm working on. There's a link on this post