Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Happenings, April 2014

Okay, I generally like to keep this blog a bit more on the thoughtful side, but I think from now on I will write a post a month that is a bit more update-life-happenings.

1. I spent 10 days on a mission trip with some of my Mongolian students. It was a very interesting experience, in terms of (a) seeing some beautiful countryside, (b) a full language-and-culture immersion experience, (c) making new friends, (d) seeing and hearing the gospel proclaimed in a setting very far removed from my home culture. I will be retroactively blogging, with photos, through the 10 days over at the Mongolia blog.

2. It's back to teaching this week. My notes on 1 Peter are a bit slow on coming out on this blog, partly because the class got ahead of my own writing, so I have been writing bits and pieces here and there. For instance, yesterday I wrote notes on 1 Peter 3:13-22, which will be great when my blog posts catch up, but not so useful for when current blog posts are still in chapter 1!

This also means kicking of the Church History course. In this case I have no choice but to keep notes up to date, as they are essentially my lecture materials.

3. I finished off the Greek ├śrberg chapter 8 before my trip, and now that I'm back have lined up a schedule to get through a chapter a week. With that kind of schedule the full first draft might be done by the end of the year. I will keep posting excerpts as I go.

4. I'll be putting in a conference proposal later this month, more on that if it gets accepted. It would be a good thing for me to get it accepted.




No comments: