Monday, December 30, 2013

2014, a prospective glance

I haven't been writing much here. It's the effect of the Australian summer. Between being holed up in a library working on the doctorate and being outside lighting heavy objects and self propelling through beautiful water, blogging hasn't been a high priority. Besides, blogs are dying, haven't you heard? This medium is so mid-00s.

The college at which I teach regained its registration and so we think we'll be heading back at the start of February. I am teaching courses on 1 & 2 Peter (Greek Exegesis), Amos (Hebrew Exegesis), Ezra & Nehemiah, and Church History until 1052. All new subjects for me, one of which is in a language that is not my strong suit.

So it will be a busy Spring semester. Then there is the thesis to write. I would like to push myself to get a couple of journal articles this year as well.

As for here, I will probably blog our way through 1 Peter. I have done some work on it before and it's quite the engaging book. Besides that you could reasonably expect more ramblings on 4th century Trinitarian discourse.

No comments: