Sunday, March 06, 2011

Whither this blog?

It's been more than a while since I've posted anything. I think the nature of the blogosphere has changed. The rise of fb and twitter1 have changed the shape of people's online communications, and blogs don't fill the same niche of the ecosystem they used to.

Things have changed for me too. Working full-time doesn't leave me feeling like blogging is a priority of any sort, and more subtly changes what fills my days. I'm not reading as much theology or thinking about languages quite so much. Both of which are fine, but contribute large amounts of my actual blogging material.

But I'd still like to be blogging. I think that's the issue that conflicts here. I need to work out how to do that in a constructive way. Setting aside some time each week to write something meaningful and thoughtful.

I'd also be quite happy to keep posting sermon audio, but the systems to make that happen efficiently aren't quite happening in my current setting (things are getting recorded, but they take considerable time to go anywhere after that).

In personal news, lots of good things. The job at the new church is going well. I've put a PhD application in and am waiting to hear on it. And we've been approved by Pioneers for overseas mission work.

I think that's all for now.

1 I'm constantly amused by the demographic that cries "I don't 'get' twitter".

1 comment:

gbroughto said...

theo-blogging is definitely on the wane, and not just here...