Which would you prefer, and why?
1) Quotations in original languages, no translation
2) Quotations in original languages, footnotes translation
3) Quotations in original language, with translation in main body
4) Quotations in translation, original language in footnote
5) Quotations in translation, no original language citation
If it helps to clarify, I mean particularly languages on which the primary work is being done. So, Greek and Hebrew for Biblical works, Greek and Latin for Patristics. I leave it as a secondary question whether French, German, English quotations should be left untranslated or not.