Thursday, October 15, 2009

FAQs for theological topics

Something I've been milling over, is that there are some topics I know my answers to, and I know that I have reasons for those conclusions, but my head is particularly porous when it comes to trying to hold onto those reasons, let alone have some bible passages in mind to exegete from.

Hence, I've decided to write some fact-sheet style answers, 1-2 pages, that clearly and succinctly deal with such topics. Then I'll be able to say, "I know I think this, and I have something that might help". Here is my working short-list of topics that come up every now and again:

Millenialism
Predestination
Evolution
1 Tim 2:8-15
Complementarianism and ministry
Trinity (I have a terrible time holding passages in my head to walk someone through this)
1 Peter 3:8-22

(Feel free to comment on your own such topics, perhaps they are ones that I should have on my list but have forgotten to add)

1 comment:

Deidre Richardson said...

Seumas,

I have an entire section at my blog devoted to 1 Timothy 2. For those who would like to check it out, just go to the site "womeninthechurch-junia.blogspot.com" and look under the section to the right labeled
"1 Timothy 2."

Hopefully, this will answer some of the questions about this puzzling chapter in Paul's letter to Timothy.