Friday, June 12, 2009

Goings on

This morning I received a copy of Christophe Rico's Πόλις Parler Le grec Ancien comme une langue vivante(amazon.fr). I've only had a brief look at it so far, but it looks quite promising (and I think I can get away with using it without any french, since most of the textbook is Greek).

I should be finished Ayres by the end of the week, with two more posts on his book, and then some thoughts on the implications of book. I'm also reading through John Behr's The Nicene Faith this week and next.

All leading up to an exam in about 3 weeks. This is my third and final MTh exam, examining Trinitarian theology in the 4th century. So it's possible I'll disappear a little to prepare for that (my summary notes alone run to about 300 pages). Once it is out of the way I will turn my attention more fully to Chrysostom's Homilies on John, and hopefully I can get a 30,000 word paper together by next June.

No comments: