Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Sunday Night Crash

Despite the fact that I think Sunday needs to be de-emphasised in our practice of church, it remains the central weekly event for myself and my local brothers and sisters. So, inevitably, there is the post-church Sunday Night Crash. Since 'church' as event is the climax of the week, the post-service time is a come-down.

How do you deal with that?

Every week is different. Some weeks I feel great; maybe I preached well, maybe there was a good vibe, maybe a lot of encouragement between people. I go home with a buzz and just unwind.

Other weeks I feel down. This week feels like that - I think my sermon was average or below. Few people there, weak vibe.

Then other weeks I just feel trashed - physically and emotionally exhausted.

And the question is, 'Is it all worth it?' or 'Have we done anything this year?', or 'Why do I bother?'

Where do you get your encouragement from?

(No smart-alec answers, thanks...)

No comments: