I make no promises, but I've been thinking about how I can use blogging to more sharply put down my thoughts and bring them into written form. So, starting next week I'm going to try writing some regular entries, possibly 3-5 a week. These will include:
- finishing up a few posts on A Kingdom of Priests
- I will begin a long exegetical series entitled Pax Christi, in which I will work through the biblical data on violence and pacifism. We'll begin with the gospels, expand through the NT, and then work through the OT. My hope is to build a long-term exegetical case for a biblical theology of pacifism.
Interestingly, much as I appreciate both of them this post brings into sharp relief a difference between Piper and Driscoll. Piper (and his family I would think) have a faith committed to martyrdom, Driscoll has a theology that seems to demand killing, not dying, for his family.
- Possibly, I will write an exegetical series through Revelation, commentary style.
- Probably, I will write a series of posts examining Matthew's Christology in relation to his use of the Old Testament (this forms my second MTh subject)
- A series of poetry-analyses, 'The poetics of punk', in which I will critically analyse lyrics to punk songs.